According to the Russian Syrian Center for Reconciliation, a Syrian soldier was shot by a gunman allied with an unidentified militant group in the nearby city of Aleppo.
The identity and age of the gunman shot were not disclosed by the authorities so far. No group took responsibility for the attack.
The Russian Ministry of Defense said Saturday that the Russo-Turkish Commission, which monitors the implementation of the Syrian cease-fire, has recorded seven truces violated in the last 24 hours.
The number of areas, which have signed reconciliation agreements, remains the same and totals 2,518, the Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation reported. The number of armed formations claiming to observe the ceasefire did not change either, ending in 234.
Despite the ceasefire violations by jihadist groups in Idlib and the adjacent areas of Aleppo, Hama and Latakia, the Syrian Army are yet to respond to such provocations.
Meanwhile, the United States will not provide any additional assistance to the reconstruction of Syria as long as Iranian forces remain in the country, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was quoted as saying by AFP news agency.
The statement was made on Wednesday during Pompeo’s speech at the Washington-based Jewish Institute for National Security (JINSA).
Speaking to a pro-Israel group, he vowed to move forward with President Donald Trump’s initiative to isolate Iran by imposing “some of the toughest sanctions in history.”
In late September, the director of the US National Security, John Bolton, said at UN headquarters in New York, talking about Syria, which the US “will not go away as Iranian troops are outside the borders” of their country.
Currently in Syria there are about 2,000 US soldiers, mainly in military training missions, AFP writes. US troops were deployed to the Arab country in 2014 under the pretext of fighting against the terrorists of ISIS.