MAJOR FINDING: Western Intel Services aided in assassination of Zakharchenko

3 2,518

The murder of the head of the People’s Republic of Donetsk (RPD), Aleksandr Zakharchenko, was committed with the help of Western intelligence services, DPR interim chief Denis Pushilin told reporters.

“The attack was aided by the 5th Counterintelligence Department of the Security Service of Ukraine [SBU]. As a result of the subsequent work of the [DPR’s] secret services and analysis of the remains of the explosive device, one that have never been used before by the SBU,” Pushilin told reporters on Sunday.

“This suggests that this attack was committed with assistance from Western intelligence services,” Pushilin added.

He added that Russia is providing support in investigating the Zakharchenko murder.

The head of the DPR was killed on August 31st in a bomb attack at a restaurant in the center of the city of Donetsk. The DPR authorities described the assassination of Zakharchenko as an act of aggression.

- Advertisement -

Several people suspected were found to have investigated a sabotage operation by Kiev. Meanwhile, the Ukrainian Security Service has denied allegations of involvement in the crime.

In April 2014, the Ukrainian authorities began a military operation against the self-proclaimed republics of Lugansk and Donetsk, which had declared their independence after the coup in Ukraine in February 2014. According to the latest UN data, the conflict has already left more than 10,000 victims.

This also comes as last week the head of the press office of the Donetsk People’s Liberation Army’s operational command, Daniil Besnosov, said that a large number of foreign military personnel had arrived in Donbass territory, among which, he said, were senior military officers from the USA and Canada.

“Our intelligence services have registered the arrival of a large number of foreign military personnel from the 56th Motorized Infantry Brigade and the 406th Artillery Brigade, which are focusing on the Urzuf settlement region,” he said.

“In addition, the arrival of a group of high-ranking military personnel from the US and Canadian Armed Forces […] We do not rule out that foreign military personnel will be directly involved in planning and carrying out an offensive,” added Daniil Besnosov .

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments