The American nuclear submarine Connecticut could not rise to the surface in the Arctic due to an ice sheet. Another submarine missile carrier, Hartford (SSN 768), managed to break through the ice, but the submarine that surfaced received significant damage.
- BREAKING: Israel defends ISIS and attacks Syria near Golan Heights
- IN DEPTH: Color Revolution Explodes in Nicaragua
- BREAKING: Sargsyan resigns in face of Color Revolution
- BREAKING: Polish political prisoner Mateusz Piskorski to be charged with “espionage for Russia”
- WATCH as Armenians in Aleppo burn Turkish products
- At least 30 killed by ISIS attack in Afghanistan
- Russian doctors assist Syrian civilians
- BREAKING: Saudi war jets bomb wedding in Yemen
- Macron: We should not look weak on Putin
- Greek origin of Erdogan? What does a Turkish researcher say?
At the same time, the thickness of the ice, judging by the photo published by Navy Currents Magazine, did not exceed 40 centimeters.
Russian submarines – for example, the submarine Akula and Antey – can break ice up to 2.5 meters in thickness.