- Can the US produce artillery to rival Russia?
- Pentagon Denies attack on Syrian army as destabilization efforts continue
- Former CIA agent accused of child pornography and leaking secret documents
- Analysis: Trade war with China could trigger US recession as early as 2019
- Moscow and Riyadh make massive global oil agreement
- Pentagon: US behind as Ballistic missile gap widens
- Erdogan readies Turkish scientific base in Antarctica
- Fans dismiss mythology about dangers at the Russian World Cup
- Latvian president doubts that US can defend EU from Russia
- ‘Flying Cans’: These are the worst US fighters
Kiev has been shocked with a new confession – despite the propaganda over the past four years about the war with “Russian aggression” – Ukraine is not at war with Russia.
This was stated on air by the chief military prosecutor of Ukraine Anatoly Matios, who explained why the Ukrainian authorities are not able to give over ‘captive Russians’ who allegedly are fighting in the Donbass.
“Five brigades, three separate regiments, eight separate battalions, two separate companies, five battalions of territorial defense. About 18,000 military men only in the Donetsk People’s Republic; 320 tanks, 600 armored combat vehicles, 130 multiple launch rocket systems – this is the military establishment of the Donetsk region. This is just the Donetsk region – as there are others.
We can see why there are so few Russians [from Russia itself]. We are not at war with Russia – we stand for the Minsk process, so that any encroachment on our sovereignty do not go further. Military potential, military power are extremely different between Russia and Ukraine,” said Matios.