- Putin, Japanese leader agree to cooperate on denuclearization of North Korea
- Kremlin: London, provide evidence we are responsible for the poisoning or apologize
- German president congratulates Putin on election victory
- WATCH as Turkish soldier threatens to invade more of Syria, Iraq before flashing fascist symbol
- YPG fighter: “We’d rather die than hand Afrin over to the traitorous Russians”
- WATCH as civilian recounts hellish life under terrorist occupation in East Ghouta
- Russian communist candidate says ‘This election was not fair’ – VIDEO
- British ideologue killed fighting Turkish-led forces with YPG in Afrin
- No security, no bullet vest: Assad drives himself to East Ghouta frontlines – VIDEO
- Turkish-led forces capture 75% of Afrin from inept YPG
The emergence of Su-57 fighter jets in Syria may become a deterrent for aircraft of neighboring states that periodically fly into the country, said State Duma deputy, Vladimir Gutenev.
Earlier, media sources had spotted Russia’s Su-57 in the skies of Syria, landing at Russia’s Khmeimim base. This type of aircraft are not yet officially in service of the Russian Defence forces, and are undergoing testing. Such testing can take two to three years.
According to the deputy, “the appearance of this new aircraft in Syria is absolutely the right step. It is important to test them in combat conditions.”
The Su-57 is a fifth generation fighter jet, the most advanced in the Russian air force. The video appears to capture its first combat drill.