- DUGIN: Anti-Communism and Anti-Fascism are Tools of Capitalism
- Analysis: Trump’s Committee on Climate Security – A Much-Needed, Overdue Return to Science
- VIDEO – Russia’s 5th Gen Su-57 is the Best Fighter in the World, says Putin
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2019-03-18
- MAJOR: Ukrainian Armed Forces Fire On Each Other in Donbass
- Assad Takes Regional Offensive: Concretizes Syria-Iraq-Iran Anti-Terrorism Alliance
- Russian Governor of Kazakhstan-bordering Chelyabinsk Abruptly Resigns
- After Christchurch: National Party Hides its Playing at Islamophobia, Xenophobia
- BREAKING: Kazakh President Nazarbayev Suddenly Resigns
- MAJOR: Russia Announces Start of Manned Moon Mission Program
The emergence of Su-57 fighter jets in Syria may become a deterrent for aircraft of neighboring states that periodically fly into the country, said State Duma deputy, Vladimir Gutenev.
Earlier, media sources had spotted Russia’s Su-57 in the skies of Syria, landing at Russia’s Khmeimim base. This type of aircraft are not yet officially in service of the Russian Defence forces, and are undergoing testing. Such testing can take two to three years.
According to the deputy, “the appearance of this new aircraft in Syria is absolutely the right step. It is important to test them in combat conditions.”
The Su-57 is a fifth generation fighter jet, the most advanced in the Russian air force. The video appears to capture its first combat drill.