- Erdogan readies Turkish scientific base in Antarctica
- Fans dismiss mythology about dangers at the Russian World Cup
- Latvian president doubts that US can defend EU from Russia
- ‘Flying Cans’: These are the worst US fighters
- Meet the new puppet! Everything you need to know about Colombia’s new president
- Modernity and the Sickness of the Soul
- WHY SAKER’S CALL TO IGNORE HITPIECES MUST BE READ BY EVERYONE
- This is what Russophobia looks like: US scares citizens off Russia travel, World Cup
- The Ugly Face of Zionist Racism: Netanyahu ally invokes ‘chosen’ supremacy of ‘Jewish race’
- WATCH Trump love Kim’s respect: Comedy in the Age of the Strongman
The emergence of Su-57 fighter jets in Syria may become a deterrent for aircraft of neighboring states that periodically fly into the country, said State Duma deputy, Vladimir Gutenev.
Earlier, media sources had spotted Russia’s Su-57 in the skies of Syria, landing at Russia’s Khmeimim base. This type of aircraft are not yet officially in service of the Russian Defence forces, and are undergoing testing. Such testing can take two to three years.
According to the deputy, “the appearance of this new aircraft in Syria is absolutely the right step. It is important to test them in combat conditions.”
The Su-57 is a fifth generation fighter jet, the most advanced in the Russian air force. The video appears to capture its first combat drill.