- UKRAINE PASSES U.S NAVAL SCRAP-JUNK OFF AS ‘NEW VESSELS’ FOR ITS LACKLUSTER NAVY
- EURASIAN UNION GROWS STRONGER – UZBEKISTAN TO BUILD RUSSIAN-MADE NUCLEAR PLANT
- HOW MANY ISIS TERRORISTS HAS RUSSIA ANNIHILATED IN SYRIA TO DATE?
- Maduro: Venezuela Will Provide 1 Million Barrels of Oil to China ‘at all costs’
- UPDATE! U.S FORCES KILLED MORE THAN 150 CIVILIANS IN PAST 24 HOURS IN SYRIA
- MAJOR: FOREIGN MERCENARIES AMASS TO FIGHT AGAINST DONBASS
- REVEALED: INCREDIBLE UPGRADE RANGE OF S-300 SYSTEMS IN SYRIA
- POROSHENKO UNLIKELY TO START FULL-BLOWN WAR WITH DONBASS UNTIL WASHINGTON GIVES WORD, SAYS EXPERT
- UK ENTERS INTO ‘TANK’ RACE VS. RUSSIA – DEBUTS BLACK NIGHT
- POLAND: WE ARE NOW INTENSIFYING TROOP BUILD-UP ON RUSSIA’S BORDER
The Ukrainian economy is in a catastrophic state after four years of “euro-reforms,” said Viktor Medvedchuk, head of the public movement “Ukrainian Choice – People’s Right.”
“At the end of 2013. Ukraine’s state and publicly guaranteed debt was 40% of GDP, and by the end of 2017 it had more than doubled, exceeding 80% of GDP. In 2013, Ukraine’s GDP per capita was more than $ 4,075, and in 2016 decreased to $ 2221.
The average monthly salary in 2017 as a whole for the country was $ 267 (in 2013 it exceeded $ 408), pensions are also 2.3 times lower than before the euro reform. Today, it is slightly more than $ 48, while in 2013 it was almost $ 112, ” Medvedchuk said.
The data of numerous international ratings testify to the catastrophic situation in the country. In particular, Ukraine ranks 7th in the rating of the most unfortunate countries according to Bloomberg. In the rating of prosperity of the Legatum Institute, Ukraine is in the 112th place, although in 2013 it occupied 64th place. In the rating “The best countries for a comfortable pension,” Ukraine was in the 72nd place. In the rating of economic freedom, according to Heritage Foundation, Ukraine among the countries of Europe is in last place, 44th.
“The authorities promised to reduce taxes, protect property rights, create conditions for business development, improve the investment climate in the country, overcome corruption, but instead Ukraine has turned into a country that foreign capital bypasses entirely. In the Euro-integrated Ukraine, there is not a single sphere of the economy, not one branch that would not have suffered as a result of the “reforms” carried out by the government. For millions of Ukrainians, the so-called civilizational choice turned into unemployment, hopeless poverty and lack of faith in tomorrow, “- concluded Medvedchuk.