- The FRN Daily News Brief 2019-02-15
- As Moscow defends Maduro, Venezuela creates with Russia and China a UN Group against US imperialism
- Poroshenko’s re-election will see the “disintegration of Ukraine”: Moscow
- ‘Space is free’: China criticizes US for accusing Beijing and Moscow of seeking air war
- Ignoring US Trojan Horse, Russia and China deliver critical aid to Venezuela
- Even if US puppet Bolsonaro wanted, Brazil has NO CHANCE of defeating Venezuela in a war
- Canada’s Role in Britain’s Arctic Great Game is Challenged by Russia and China
- From Plato to NATO – Does ‘Western Civilization’ actually exist?
- Israel & The Right to Exist
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2019-02-14
MOSCOW, Russia – Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his Pakistani counterpart Khawaja Muhammad Asif raised their “common concern” over the current developments in Afghanistan while speaking at a joint press conference in Moscow on Tuesday.
“The long-standing presence of the USA and NATO has not yielded peace and stability in Afghanistan,” Lavrov stated. “Unfortunately, [it has] not downgraded the terrorist threat.”
“We are very much concerned about what is going on in Afghanistan. We are very much concerned about the growth of the Islamic State’s influence over there,” the Russian diplomat added.
Talking about the current developments in Syria’s Afrin, where Turkish forces are currently in the midst of a combat operation in Kurdish-held areas, Lavrov said Moscow acknowledges Ankara’s “concerns with regard to what is going on in Syria”, but also stated there is worry over the presence of other external forces, particularly the US, who are “pursuing their own geopolitical short-sighted interests” in the country.