February 16, 2018 – Fort Russ News – Paul Antonopoulos
MOSCOW, Russia – Russian Presidential Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters that there is no new information about the number of Russians killed in Syria.
“We have no new information,” he said.
“We have already said all we can say on the matter,” Peskov added.
This came in response to the various claims that hundreds of Russians were killed in the Syrian province of Deir Ezzor on February 7 by US airstrikes.
These Russians were volunteers and not attached to the Russian Armed Forces.
Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said earlier that “reports about the death of dozens and even hundreds of Russian nationals are a classic example of disinformation. There were not 400, 200, 100 or even ten (who died), according to preliminary information, in a fight the cause of which is being investigated. Five people, who allegedly were Russian citizens, may have been killed, she said.