- MAJOR: Syrian Army blocks U.S base in push against ISIS
- Will Turchinov’s mad nuclear dream ever come to be?
- Poroshenko intensifies repression: more parties banned
- US ‘dog barks’ while China and Iran cooperation forges forward
- Does the end of ‘aid’ to Greece signal recovery?
- Geopolitics 101: “East-Central Europe” is an Atlanticist Scheme
- Ukraine gone in 10 years: Demographic collapse
- Will Burger King pay Russian women to get pregnant at the World Cup?
- Donbass Drama: Poroshenko and OSCE “Wake Up” after Putin Warns of WAR
- NATO has no chance to take Crimea, warns Russian Defense Minister
Before and after: Grigory Rodchenkov is said to have undergone plastic surgery, because he “fears for his life from the Russian government.”
Interpol has refused to put a warrant out for the arrest of the former head of the Moscow Anti-Doping Laboratory, Grigory Rodchenkov.
The source of the agency said that a political factor was found in the case of the WADA ‘informant.’
“Having considered the request of the Russian side, the Interpol General Secretariat decided not to file Rodchenkov’s dossier in its database, believing that his criminal prosecution is of a political nature,” he explained.
In Russia, three criminal cases were instituted against Rodchenkov in connection with the abuse of official powers, an attempt to obstruct the administration of justice and illegal trafficking of substances.
Rodchenkov had been accused of providing doping materials to athletes before he became head of Russia’s anti-doping agency, and his sister was convicted of the same crime. He then came under the protection of the FBI, as an “informant” of WADA.
See what President Putin had to say about Rodchenkov at about 4 minutes into the video: