- The FRN Daily News Brief 2019-10-17
- Lines Being Drawn By The U.S. in the Eastern Mediterranean
- German MP, threatened, insists on closing Ukraine’s Mirotvorets hit-list site
- US military secrets may fall into Russian and Syrian hands with their withdrawal
- China records lowest quarterly economic growth in 27 years
- Nuclear and Underwater: Military Magazine Names ‘Doomsday’ Russian Weaponry
- U.S. imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on EU imports
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2019-10-16
- MAJOR: Turkish Forces Likely Use Chemical Weapons in Northern Syria
- US Warplanes Bomb Their Own Base in Syria; Avoiding Embarrassment or Destroying Evidence?
Before and after: Grigory Rodchenkov is said to have undergone plastic surgery, because he “fears for his life from the Russian government.”
Interpol has refused to put a warrant out for the arrest of the former head of the Moscow Anti-Doping Laboratory, Grigory Rodchenkov.
The source of the agency said that a political factor was found in the case of the WADA ‘informant.’
“Having considered the request of the Russian side, the Interpol General Secretariat decided not to file Rodchenkov’s dossier in its database, believing that his criminal prosecution is of a political nature,” he explained.
In Russia, three criminal cases were instituted against Rodchenkov in connection with the abuse of official powers, an attempt to obstruct the administration of justice and illegal trafficking of substances.
Rodchenkov had been accused of providing doping materials to athletes before he became head of Russia’s anti-doping agency, and his sister was convicted of the same crime. He then came under the protection of the FBI, as an “informant” of WADA.
See what President Putin had to say about Rodchenkov at about 4 minutes into the video: