- It has begun: Russians are voting
- European values? Ukraine forbids Russians to vote in Elections
- Without Russia, Ukraine admits it’s “an island of misfortune”
- US militarises Mediterranean and Red Sea – Russian Ministry of Defense
- West is engaged in primitive propaganda – Lavrov
- “Syria is no longer just a proxy war” – Lavrov
- Pushkin’s great-grandson will vote in Belgium tomorrow
- Russia shuts down undercover MI6 operation in Moscow
- British businessmen aghast at anti-Russian diplomacy – Russian Ambassador
- Lavrov says Britain is merely playing to be “important”
“Russia’s actions caused a crisis in Latvia’s banking system.” Such a statement was made by the country’s Ministry of Defense.
“With high probability, we are dealing with an information campaign organized from the outside, similar to those carried out in the pre-election period in the United States, France and Germany”, – said the text of the statement the Ministry of Defense of Latvia.
On Saturday, the local Anti-Corruption bureau detained the head of the Central Bank of Latvia Ilmar Rimsevich, based on an accusation of a Russian banker and the owner of Latvia’s Norvik Bank, Grigory Guselnikov. The latter put forward an accusation of money extortion, and filed a lawsuit in international banking arbitration structures.
However, the Anti-Corruption Bureau clarified that the initial investigation is not connected with Guselnikov’s lawsuit. On Monday, Rimsevich was released on bail.
The military department is assured that the goal of the Russia is to discredit Latvia and undermine confidence in the country ahead of the upcoming parliamentary elections in October this year.