- NOGUEIRA: ‘Brazilian Evangelicals have stronger influence than liberal left’
- Putin Demands ‘Symmetrical Measures’ Taken After US Missile Testing
- North Korean FM calls Pompeo ‘poison of American diplomacy’
- Forgotten Aggression on Yugoslavia: Goals, Consequences and Lessons
- The New Cuba? Russia considers putting missile installation in Venezuela to counter US
- Rewriting history is an act of aggression. But what if it lasts for decades?
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2019-08-22
- Venezuela reiterates commitment to avoid drug trafficking from Colombia
- Roscosmos: India could buy RD-180 rocket thrusters in Russia
- Putin’s Full Statement: America’s missile test proved Russia right about INF Treaty
A native of the Central Asian region was detained in St. Petersburg on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts, as was reported in the press service of the Federal Security Service.
Counterintelligence agents stated that the man planned to commit terrorist acts in crowded places, such as transport depots.
At present, FSB officers are conducting operational search and investigation activities. The identity of the detainee in the interests of the investigation is not disclosed.
Earlier today, the Moscow District Court found six citizens of Tajikistan guilty of planning terrorist activity in Russia – all of whom are part of the “Islamic State” organisation. Their sentences range from 12 to 16 years in prison, which is low in our view. The St Petersburg train attack in 2017 claimed the lives of 15 people, and injured a total of 103.