- Erdogan readies Turkish scientific base in Antarctica
- Fans dismiss mythology about dangers at the Russian World Cup
- Latvian president doubts that US can defend EU from Russia
- ‘Flying Cans’: These are the worst US fighters
- Meet the new puppet! Everything you need to know about Colombia’s new president
- Modernity and the Sickness of the Soul
- WHY SAKER’S CALL TO IGNORE HITPIECES MUST BE READ BY EVERYONE
- This is what Russophobia looks like: US scares citizens off Russia travel, World Cup
- The Ugly Face of Zionist Racism: Netanyahu ally invokes ‘chosen’ supremacy of ‘Jewish race’
- WATCH Trump love Kim’s respect: Comedy in the Age of the Strongman
The head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Pavel Klimkin, believes that the Donbass will choose for itself the path of European integration.
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko has signed the law on the reintegration of Donbass, in which the Russian Federation was called an “aggressor”, and the uncontrolled territories of Donbass are recognized as “occupied.” Moscow has repeatedly stated that it is not a party to the internal conflict and is not involved in the events in the Donbass, and is also interested in Ukraine overcoming the political and economic crisis.
“There are only two ways for the occupied Donbass: either the European integration or the Russian occupation administration, I am confident that during free elections people will choose the first,” Klimkin wrote on Twitter on Tuesday.
The holding of local elections in the Donbass is one of the key stages in the settlement of the conflict in Ukraine in accordance with the Minsk agreements.
The authorities of the Republic planned to hold elections in the autumn of 2015. However, in October 2015, after the meeting of the “Norman Quartet” (France, Germany, Russia and Ukraine) in Paris, the elections never occurred.