Holiday FundraiserUPDATED INFORMATION! Merry Christmas! Help us meet our Christmas Fundraising Goal! FRN is in it for the long haul, despite constant attacks from the Atlantic Council and NATO. We're in the game because of the support of readers like you. God Bless! IF OUR INTERFACE ISN'T WORKING FOR YOU, OR IF YOU WANT TO USE YOUR PAYPAL DIRECTLY TO FORT RUSS - HERE'S OUR PAYPAL ADDRESS! -- [email protected]$1,323.87 donated of $3,000.00 goal
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2018-12-18
- Is the U.S Planning a Chemical Weapons False Flag in the Donbass?
- Trump SLAMS Google, Facebook, Twitter – “Bias favoring Democratic Party”
- MAJOR: Lavrov Denounces Poroshenko’s Plans to Attack Crimea
- Despite Threats of War in Donbass, US Continues Weapon Deliveries to Ukraine
- Trump Orders Creation of U.S Space Command to Counter Moscow’s Lead
- Poroshenko’s Orthodoxy-Split Gambit – What does Western Media say?
- MAJOR: Former Terrorists Become Syrian Army Soldiers (VIDEO)
- Russia Simplifies Migration Process for War Refugees, Ukrainians
- Will British SAS Neutralize Donbass Leaders? 24 Hour Full SITREP
AFRIN, Syria – Syrian forces are to be deployed to Afrin canton in northwest Syria with local authorities to be taken over by the Syrian government.
Afrin is currently controlled by the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) who had initially refused to allow the Syrian government to take over the administration of the region.
A Syrian Democratic Units (SDF) spokesman confirmed it as well.
“The Syrian army will enter Afrin on Monday,” said Sheikho bello, a leader of the Kurdish Democratic party, adding that “the aim of entering the city is to protect and defend it.”
This comes as the Turkish military and its Syrian jihadist proxies are engaging the YPG in intense battles.
Ankara considers the YPG to be a terrorist organization.
Despite all reports saying the Syrian Army, Syrian journalist Kevork Almassian explained that a source close to him as said the National Defense Forces (NDF) will be moved to Afrin city.
The NDF is an Iranian-organized militia comprising of local Syrians whose main tasks are to defend cities and towns.