December2 2017 – Fort Russ News –
– Novorosinform, translated by Tom Winter –
The Ministry of Defense of the Donetsk Peoples Republic has confirmed the withdrawal of Ukrainian units from the occupied villages.
The Donetsk Peoples Republic completely controls the situation on the DPR contact line. This was stated by the deputy commander of the operational command of the Republic Eduard Basurin.
“Our intelligence fully controls the situation on the sectors of the contact line where the threat of provocative actions (the seizure of territories in the “gray” zone) is being kept up by the AFU. Any attempt by the command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to reduce the inter-positional space will end with unjustified losses for their units” the report said.
Earlier, the press center of the headquarters of the “ATO” reported that the militants of the Aidar battalion of the 54th Brigade of the Armed Forces were forced to retreat from previously occupied villages in the DPR. It is known that they suffered serious losses and eventually left their positions, which they previously occupied near Gorlovka.
Recall, yesterday morning, the headquarters of “ATO” reported on the progress of their depth into the DNR: ATO forces improved their tactical position on the Donetsk direction. This is stated in the message of the press center of the headquarters of the ATO on their page in Facebook.
The other day the deputy commander of the operational command of the Democratic Donetsk Peoples Republic Eduard Basurin said that the Ukrainian armed forces are preparing to seize two more settlements – Viktorovka and Staromarevka in the south of the Republic.
Basurin noted that according to DPR intelligence, local administrations there are already conducting polls of residents of these settlements for the identification of free houses for the possible quarteringt of Ukrainian servicemen.
We remind that on the night of November 22, Ukrainian armed forces, in particular the Nazi battalion Aidar, captured the village of Gladosovo near Gorlovka.