August 24 , 2017 – Fort Russ News –
The United States will no longer voice data on the size of the contingent in Afghanistan and disclose plans for operations, said US President Donald Trump. Previously, the US press announced an increase in the grouping of 4,000 people.
The United States will not be able to ensure the rapid withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan, and in the fight against the Taliban, Washington counts on much assistance from India, the White House said. In addition, Trump warned Pakistan that the country should not be a haven for terrorists. According to the president, the US will no longer use “military force” to build democracy abroad.
“We will no longer use the US military to build democracy abroad, or try to rebuild other countries in our image and likeness. This time is gone. In return, we will ask our partners to defend our common interests. We do not ask others to change their way of life, but we ask to pursue common goals that will enable our children to live better. And this will be the determining factor in making our decisions. “
After the speech, a special statement on US strategy in the region was issued by the State Department. The head of the department Rex Tillerson noted that Washington will support negotiations of the Afghan authorities with the Taliban without preconditions.