Translated by Ollie Richardson for Fort Russ
2nd April, 2016
The Defense Ministry of the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) released photos of a downed Azeri drone.
The pictures can be found on the official website of the NKR defense Ministry.
On Saturday, Armenia and Azerbaijan declared the worsening of the situation in the zone of the Karabakh conflict: the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry, in particular, spoke about the attacks by the Armenian armed forces, and the Armenian Defense Ministry reported “offensive action” from the Azerbaijani side. There are reported casualties on both sides.
Previously, Press Secretary of the Armenian Defense Minister Artsrun Hovhannisyan said that a Mi-24/35 helicopter of the armed forces of Azerbaijan was shot down to the East of the Mrav mountain in Karabakh. Thus, the press-service of the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan stated that the information about the downed helicopter was not true.
Russian President Vladimir Putin is deeply concerned about the reports of renewed hostilities on the line of contact in Nagorno Karabakh, and called for an immediate ceasefire involving the parties to the conflict, and for them to exercise restraint in order to avoid further casualties, said press Secretary of the head of state Dmitry Peskov on Saturday. Official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova said that Russia has begun consultations with partners — the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk group.
The government in Yerevan is a discerner of the military forces of Armenia and the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh. Baku believes that all the divisions of the Armenian party are included in the Armenian armed forces, since it did not recognize the NKR. Baku and Yerevan are constantly accusing each other of shelling.