Translated from Russian by J.Hawk
Even Ukraine’s ambassador to Poland and the former Maidan head of the MFA Deshchitsa, known for his loud rendition of “Putin — f***head” in front of the Russian embassy, admitted that “Duda’s election means UPA-related problems for Ukraine.”
“Ukraine will receive support from Andrzej Duda, who won the presidential election in Poland, but only after resolving matters of contention related to history, especially the assessment of the activities of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA),” the amassador said dejectedly. He believes that Poland will raise the UPA issue more energetically.
“I think that Andrzej Duda understands the situation in Ukraine. He said that many times in his public appearances during the campaign, and also during televised debates. Duda spoke in favor of Ukraine’s eurointegration, of its EU membership. But we have to keep in mind that Duda is a member of the traditionalist and conservative political establishment. Therefore historical conflicts will be on the agenda in our relationship. Especially when it comes to UPA.”
Therefore in the immediate future the Ukrainian parliament will have to reconsider UPA’s role in WW2 and rewrite the law on the historical mission of Bandera’s followers that was so ostentatiously adopted. Poland will not talk to official Kiev unless that happens. With that in mind, Poroshenko already promised to change the “UPA law” and de-heroize the glorious warriors of Stepan Bandera. Otherwise Kiev will not see any Polish humanitarian or military aid, the creation of the joint Lithuanian-Polish-Ukrainian brigade in order to inculcate NATO standards, reform implementation assistance, and the financial modernization of infrastructure on the Polish-Ukrainian border. In general, things are returning to normal: Ukraine is trading in its UPA heroes for zlotys and euros.
- SYRIA UPDATE: SAA establishes control over many towns, advances into Ma’arat al-Numan in Idlib countryside
- Turkish earthquake fatalities rise to 19, with 772 people injured
- Commemorating Aushchwitz in Poland is wrong, says major Russian Jewish leader
- MAJOR: Russia’s New Frigates Will Have Far Greater Firepower Than America’s Cruisers and Heavy Destroyers
- What About the Wagner Group? Revisited
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2020-01-23
- Putin gives respects to Palestinian color guard – invites Abbas to Victory Day
- Video – Millions: Iraqi people hold EPIC anti-US rally in Baghdad
- BREAKING – Up to 34 Soldiers might be declared brain-dead resulting from Iranian Attack on Airbase
- CIA has released its documents on Ukraine’s “eternal national hero,” the super-Quisling Stepan Bandera