Ukraina.ru reported that Kiev wants to block access for humanitarian relief to Novorossia. After Dnepropetrovsk similar decrees are being prepared by the governments of Kharkov and Zaporozhye.
No convoys with humanitarian aid, including from the Fund of Rinat Akhmetov, will be allowed to pass through the territory of Dnepropetrovsk region. A decision was taken at the regional level during the meeting with Interior Ministry of the Dnipropetrovsk region. Soon, however, such meetings should be held in Zaporozhye and Kharkov, reported Ukrainian media.
A meeting was held with the participation of the people’s Deputy Yury Bereza, previously the commander of the battalion “Dnepr – 1″(now a regiment), the acting commander of Dnepr-1, as well as representatives of the battalion “Donbass” and the OSCE.
At the meeting it was decided not to allow any of humanitarian cargo into the area of the so-called “ATO” until and unless international organizations can provide control of their delivery. In addition, those present demanded accounting for “each kilogram of” distributed humanitarian aid.
On December 18 Victoria Litovchenko from Politnavigator reported that the fighters from the Ukrainian volunteer battalions announced that they will only allow humanitarian aid to Donbass in exchange for POWs, according to a Facebook post by Communications Director of SCM Natalia Yemchenko.
“We were not allowed to pass (checkpoint at Bogatyr, near Kurakhovo) and will not be. Stopped by battalion “Dnepr-1″, told that there is an order not to allow any food to pass through at all,” she said.
According to her, it is a common position of all the battalions, not coordinated with the Ministry of Internal Affairs [as we see in the earlier report it was subsequently coordinated with MIA].
“Battalions reported that they will only allow food in exchange of prisoners: one vehicle with food in exchange for 2 prisoners. Our aid will be gone by next week. Tomorrow will start work on arranging a meeting with the President. As the guarantor of the Constitution of Ukraine. Representatives of the battalions reported that they blocked eleven major roads in the area. And no vehicles with food will be allowed to pass any of them,” – said Yemchenko.
As reported by “Politnavigator”, Deputy commander of the battalion “Dnepr-1” Valentin Manko said that the battalions have agreed not to allow to the territory of ATO vehicles of Gumshtab (Humanitarian Staff) and other trucks allegedly because they are aiding the militias. A number of MPs, in particular, Boris Filatov and Semen Semenchenko, announced their support of this decision.
Meanwhile, a famine is raging in Donbass, reports Politnavigator on December 19. The commandant of the village Kommunar, which is just an hour’s drive from Donetsk, but which inexplicably is not reached by humanitarian aid, reported that already five deaths from hunger were recorded. There is no reason to question that. Many people in DPR and LPR have run out of money and food a long time ago.
Translated by Kristina Rus for FortRuss.blogspot.com