AdSense

  • Latest News

    July 12, 2017

    3 Months After no Proof was Gathered, the US Still Blames Assad for Attacking Khan Sheikhoun and Refuses to Investigate the Incident

    July 12th, 2017 - Fort Russ News -
    - Al Mayadeen - - translated by Samer Hussein -
                

    CIA Director Mike Pompeo said the decision to carryout a missile strike against Syria was based on “strong evidence” about Khan Shaikhoun events, gathered during one day.

    Regarding Trump’s decision to strike Syria, Pompeo said Trump first questioned the intelligence about the possibility of Damascus behind the chemical attack in the northwestern Syrian town of Khan Sheikhoun, noting that he did not hesitate to attack Syria after he realized that enough of “compelling evidence” was gathered by the intelligence. 

    “I told him that the intelligence community had concluded that the chemical weapon had indeed been used in the attack and it had been launched by the Syrian regime… I knew that the intelligence community had solid evidence… I said to Mr. President that we have high confidence that this really took place”. The remarks of Pompeo came during the dinner with CIA leadership, held in scope of the annual event, hosted by the Alliance for National Security Intelligence (INSA). 

    Director of the CIA said the US president never really hesitated to attack Syria, but he nonetheless relied on the final conclusions, made by the intelligence, before deciding to direct a missile strike against the Shayrat Military Airport in Syria’s Homs province on the 7th of April. 

    Pompeo noted that Trump contacted him through phone immediately after he saw photographs of the victims of the “horrific events” in Khan Shaikhoun on Internet. 

    He, however, said nothing about the further investigations, being conducted by the US intelligence, as regards the Khan Sheikhoun incident. 

    It is worth mentioning that Damascus has categorically denied the use of any type of chemical weapons against the town of Khan Sheikhoun or any other place in Syria, noting that government completed destruction of Syria's entire chemical weapons stock back in 2014 already.

    Both, Moscow and Damascus have urged the Organization for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons to send its team of experts to go check out the affected sites, as well as the Shayrat Military Airport from where the planes, responsible for the attack, reportedly took off. 

    The US has, however, been repeatedly rejecting that proposal and kept accusing the Syrian Air Force of carrying out the attack, despite not having a single evidence.

    On the 4th of April, the Syrian town of Khan Sheikhoun in Idleb province (which is under control of Ahrar Al Sham and the aligned terrorist groups, known to be in possession of prohibited chemicals) allegedly witnessed a chemical attack.

    No firm evidence was ever provided, however the terrorist groups and western governments immediately accused the Syrian Army of being behind the attack. 

    3 days later, the US attacked Syria by firing 59 Tomahawks, out of which only 23 hit their targets. 6 Syrian soldiers and 9 civilians lost their lives as a result of the US attack. 


         Follow us on Facebook!                                                  
                  Facebook                                   

           Follow us on Twitter!
                  Twitter               

                 Donate!
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: 3 Months After no Proof was Gathered, the US Still Blames Assad for Attacking Khan Sheikhoun and Refuses to Investigate the Incident Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Samer H.
    Scroll to Top
    \