AdSense

  • Latest News

    May 6, 2017

    "Safe Zone Memorandum Obeys Some of the US Proposals" - Lavrov

    May 6th, 2017 - Fort Russ News -
    - Breakingnews.sy - - translated by Samer Hussein -


    Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said the new memorandum on creating four “safe zones” within Syrian territory, recently singed during the fourth round of Astana talks on settlement of the Syrian crisis, takes into account various proposals, previously made by US officials, regarding the issue.

    He also stressed that Russian President Vladimir Putin spoke to his US counterpart, Donald Trump, right before the start of Astana negotiations and informed him about the steps, prepared for settling the Syrian crisis, noting that some of these steps include proposals, previously made by US officials at the start of the year. 

    The main purpose of the memorandum that came into effect at midnight on Saturday, is said to be creating conditions that would help to protect the civilian population, particularly in the contested areas or areas under control of the jihadist groups.

    Representatives of Russia, Iran and Turkey, the three guarantor states, signed a memorandum on creating the four “safe zones” within Syrian territory, during the fourth round of negotiations in Astana. 

    The four safe zones will allegedly include the province of Idleb, small parts of the neighbouring province of Latakia and few parts of the provinces of Hama, Homs, Darra, Quneitra and Aleppo as well as a problematic Damascene suburban area of Eastern Ghouta. 






         Follow us on Facebook!                                                  
                  Facebook                                   

           Follow us on Twitter!
                  Twitter               

                 Donate!
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: "Safe Zone Memorandum Obeys Some of the US Proposals" - Lavrov Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Samer H.
    Scroll to Top
    \